We thank you for considering applying for and working with us here at Valley Waste.
Listed below are current employment opportunities.
To submit your resume and application, simply scroll down this page and submit your resume, along with completing the other fields in the Employment Form.
We’re currently seeking to fill our available Dispatcher position in our fast-paced and growing office. The successful candidate for this position will be energetic, a quick learner, and an excellent multi-tasker. We’re looking for a candidate that has great time management skills, is looking for a permanent position, and has experience in a dispatching position.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with the drivers throughout the day.
- Collaborate with management to modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers.
- Act as a communication liaison through the radio system and answer incoming phone calls from drivers on the road.
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute scheduling changes.
- Monitor any sudden route changes or construction issues and work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries.
- Keep records monitoring drivers daily logs for errors or violations and monitoring their working hours and equipment availability.
- Ensures controlled goods license requirements are being met.
- Arranges manifests for contaminated soil/debris.
- Practice safe work procedures at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a similar role
- Use of the Microsoft Suite (1 year)
- Familiarity with the Fraser Valley area (1 year)
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Professional telephone skills and the ability to work a multiline phone system
- Precise data entering to a computer
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Due to the demands of our growing industry, Valley Waste & Recycling Inc. is looking for a Driver who is able to grow into our Residential, Roll-Off, and Front-End departments.
- Perform daily pre and post-trip inspections
- Answer questions and assist customers and the general public, as needed and ensure customer satisfaction through reliable service
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of vehicles
- Conduct all activities according to the collection schedule
- Perform curbside, multi-residential, recycling and commercial accounts and in a manner that meets or exceeds contract requirements
- Driving to customer sites, servicing, delivering, lifting and emptying bins into front-end vehicles and returning the bin to the original location
- Transfer waste to the appropriate station, landfill or drop-off location
- Follow instructions for tasks assigned by dispatch or the area Supervisor
- Completion of daily documentation including but not limited to daily log books, customer work orders, pre/post trip inspections
- May be required to climb up ladder on truck to inspect loads
- Responsible for loading/ unloading, tarping of bins and securing of bins to truck decks
- Attend all safety meetings and comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Must possess a Class 3 license with air endorsement
- 1-2 years driving experience in the waste industry is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the lower mainland area is preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Physically fit; able to perform physically demanding job, lift 50 lbs and possess manual dexterity
- Ability to work in various outdoor weather conditions (year round)
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Safe work environment – COR certified
- Opportunities for growth
- And more!
Please submit a current drivers’ abstract with your resume
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Working together for a cleaner environment.